Physical Therapist - Home Health - Per Diem - DayJob ID SAFH-1823637 Date Posted 03/07/2019 Location Auburn, California
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs in a home health care setting. Supervises physical therapy assistants and aides in performing treatment. Supervises students.
- Assures efficient management of work processes, by completing tasks and assignments by time standards.
- Completes post-intervention activities: session closure, documentation, communication, charge capture.
- Prepares for therapeutic intervention.
- Provides initial evaluation of patient's abilities and designs appropriate intervention plans.
- Treats patients with therapeutic procedures, modalities and or equipment to improve function.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Education, including Licensure/ Certification/ Registration:
- Current state licensure as a physical therapist.
- Must have current American Heart Association BLS-HCPC recognition or Greater Sacramento Region -Healthcare CPR.
- Requires valid driver license for home health care setting.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy program: baccalaureate, master's or doctorate degree in physical therapy.
- Minimum of one year's experience (2080hrs) as a licensed Physical Therapist, preferably in a home health or clinic setting.
- Experience with the elderly population.
- Expertise in care of patients with joint replacement procedures; knowledge of home safety requirements; knowledge of falls prevention strategies in the home setting.
- Skillful in use of computerized documentation programs.
- Requires critical thinking, complex problem solving, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a demanding environment, balance multiple priorities and take appropriate actions.
- Computer proficiency in word processing/typing, basic application and hardware functions required for applicable care setting.
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Referral Bonus: No
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Per Diem
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: per diem
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Find a Career at Sutter
Our employees are shaping the future of healthcare. Find a career at Sutter.Get Started