RN II SCU Day Shift
Our nurses are at the core of the interdisciplinary care team providing nurturing, compassionate care to our patients, their families and the communities we serve.
As a nurse at Sutter Health, you’ll appreciate having the best and most innovative technology at your fingertips. Our nurses continuously advance the art and science of nursing in a patient-centric healing environment by providing clinical care, treatment, education and advice in a variety of healthcare and community settings.
At Sutter Health, we provide you with a range of opportunities to help you fulfill your professional goals—today and in the future. Learn more about this nursing opportunity and join us at Sutter Health.
- JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Part-Time, Per Diem
- JOB LEVEL: All Levels
- TRAVEL: Home Health & Hospice Only
What makes a successful Sutter Health Registered Nurse? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
Paid Time Off
Holidays, sick days, leaves of absence
Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
Corporate Discount and Perks
Exclusive pricing and discounts at a variety of retailers
ResponsibilitiesJob ID SDMC - 1823952 Date Posted 12/21/2018 Location Antioch, California
Providing health care services to nearly 250,000 residents of eastern Contra Costa County, Sutter Delta Medical Center remains the community's only not-for-profit acute care hospital. Its comprehensive services include 24-hour emergency care, surgery, family centers, obstetrics, pediatrics, acute rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging, occupational health, physical therapy, intensive care and coronary care. Cardiac catheterization, sports rehabilitation and home health services are also among the medical center's areas of specialized care.
- Associate's degree is required
- Bachelor's in Nursing is preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- Registered Nurse - State Licensure - RN is required
- Certification in specialty is required
- Basic Life Support Certification - BLS is required
- Electrocardiogram Certification - (Passing of medication exam and EKG test)
- ·Must demonstrate knowledge of the pre – operative surgical patient
- ·Must demonstrate knowledge in the care of the post – operative patient
- ·Must demonstrate knowledge of different types of traction, orthopedic devices
- ·Must demonstrate knowledge of post – operative labs
- ·Must demonstrate basic medical nursing skills
- ·Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- ·Valid C.P.R. certification required
- ·Valid ACLS certification preferred
- ·Medical Surgical Certification preferred
Skills & Knowledge:
Must demonstrate the following: basic Medical / Surgical nursing skills, basic competencies in the nursing process and pharmacology, basic knowledge of newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric population, ability to work with all levels of nursing personnel and assist them in a resource capacity, effective English written and verbal communication skills.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 12 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Every Other Weekend
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 72
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity, or expression, ancestry, national origin, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.